Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Coffee Shops

2»

Comments

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I agree with @Samantha_Grant - the Glen Lyon cafe is a diamond find after a walk. And the cake is good too. 

Muneroy's at Dunaverty - just for the seriously impressive cake. You can counteract your cake calories with a walk on the beach (or golf course) beforehand too. 

There is an obvious theme to this post but..... Mountain Cafe in Aviemore have THE most incredible selection of cakes (probably 20+), meringues, flapjacks, traybakes. Spot on. Good hot chocolate and the falafel pieces are huge!
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • ScathachScathach Member ✭✭
    edited January 13
    I Anberdeen I Love Books and Beans, the Coffee House and one that opened recently which is called The Craftsman Company. 

In Ballater I have a thing for the Bothy.

In Oban I love Julie's coffee house.

In Glasgow I usually got to Tinderbox on Ingram street. We used to have it here in Aberdeen too and I always found their coffee really good. It's a shame that it closed down because of all the annoying coffee chains that opened in Union Square. It was a great place. 

@FullStopNextChapter I agree with the Mountain Cafe in Aviemore. I Adore it. everytime I pass through Aviemore I always stop there for coffee and cake. I rememeber this AMAZING chocolate cake... hmmmm....
  • spootsspoots Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Here are a few recommendations:

EDINBURGH
    The café at The Hub on the Royal Mile/Johnston Terrace, where I had a jolly good hot white chocolate, and where I was served up the biggest slice of Banoffee cake of my life (it's a good few centimetres thick)

NORTH BERWICK
    The café at whynot? on the High Street

THURSO
    Caffe Cardosi (good cake)

STROMNESS
    Julia's Café & Bistro (the best milkshakes in Scotland, and good cake too)
    The Tearoom (next door to the best bookshop in Scotland)

KIRKWALL
    Trenabies Café Bistro (the smoothies will freeze your brain)

NORTH HOY
    The Beneth'ill Café (close to Moaness pier)
2»