Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Weekly Q&A Thread – Ask Us Anything!

This is your chance to ask the community any burning questions you have. Visiting Scotland in the near future? Scottish local but travelling to a new area? Post your questions below!

Tagged:

Comments

• DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    This might be a strange silly question ... but I'll ask anyway :)

Would Visit Scotland ever think of creating a basic online training course for people to learn about some of our Scottish history and culture? I think lots of tourists possibly try and learn a bit about Scotland before they visit.

Watching or listening to videos, then taking part in a questionnaire with multiple choice questions is a great way to learn. You could also give people the chance to keep taking the questionnaires until they get 100%.

I recently took part in this type of training and found it quite enjoyable and a good way to remember and learn.

You could just have some fun questionnaires to test our knowledge of Scotland or even turn it into an online game :).
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
    Great suggestion @DMWScotland we will certainly discuss internally and let you know the outcome.  
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    We are going to Harris on the Uig to Tarbert ferry in October.  It's our first time to the Outer Hebrides - any tips or hints from seasoned travellers out there?  We are taking our dog too - can dogs get seasick??!!