Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Top tournament golf courses you can play yourself

VisitScotlandNikkiVisitScotlandNikki Administrator, VisitScotland Staff
One thing locals and visitors alike can agree on - Scotland has some amazing golf courses!

Whether you're a beginner and want to try a driving range or a 9-hole course, or want to try out some tricky holes and avoid the bunkers on an 18-hole championship course - Scotland has a brilliant variety of golf courses.

Another great thing about golf in Scotland - you can play the same courses that are used in the top tournaments. So, what's your favourite golf course and why?

(Carnoustie Championship Course, which will host the Senior Open in 2016)

Comments

• RuMacdonaldRuMacdonald VisitScotland Contributor
    Nikki, you're right we have so many great golf courses within easy reach of one another. Arguably Scotland's best region for golf is East Lothian home to renowned links golf courses such as Gullane, Muirfield and my favourite North Berwick.
    RU MACDONALD
    Scottish Golf Travel Expert
    Instagram @scottishgolfpodcast
  • IornamacIornamac Member ✭✭
    Well I confess I can't be classed as golfer but for any like minded golfers you would say the same Perthshire and Fife have some really enjoyable nine hole courses. Worth trying St Fillians - you may just spot a  dear on the course . Muthill Golf courses is a great course for beginners, I maybe concentrate too much on the views across to Crieff and the nearby Drummond Castle Gardens which you may recognise from recent episodes of Outlander.My top "golfing " tip if you fancy a nice bite to eat try Barley Bree in the village of Muthill