Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Enchanted Forest recommendations

I see that tickets are on sale today for the Enchanted Forest and swithering on whether or not to buy tickets for my niece and nephew.

They are 10 and 6- is it suitable age? Has anyone been and have any tips? 

Family friendly accommodation locally is also welcomed!
Tagged:

Comments

• OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
    The Enchanted Forest is magical for children I've been a few times with my daughter and she always loved it! Take a look at the official website for more information and remember to pop back to the Community to check for more responses.
  • VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    There are quite a few Mummy bloggers like Susan Mann and Twinkly Mummy who rave about taking their families to Enchanted Forest.
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @glendarochead
    I went to the Enchanted Forest two years ago and I saw lots of young families there. Everyone was enjoying the atmosphere. I went quite early (6pm-ish) and was just in time to watch dusk disappear into darkness.
  • DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hi @glendarochead!

I've been the last two years with my kids (now 16 and 12). They both liked it. It's brilliant for the kids and us adults.

The first time I went I was really enchanted by it all! The second time was good, but I preferred the first time experience. We didn't stay over, just travelled there on the day.

The Fishers Hotel in Pitlochry is very popular as this is where the shuttle buses pick you up and bring you back. It's only a five minute trip on the bus to Faskally woods.

When you book your tickets you choose an allocated time to catch the bus. The second time we visited we picked an earlier time so we could explore longer. If you're travelling on the day I'd recommend getting to Pitlochry earlier to get a parking space.

When you reach the forest you can walk round as many times as you want. There's food stalls where you can buy toffee apples, burgers, soup, tea, coffee and more! Toilets there too.

It's all very well organised. I loved Pitlochry too. The kids will love it!

I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • xb130xb130 Member
    Check out a similar event in Forres in November.  This will be the first year of the show, and it's designed by the people behind the Enchanted Forest... www.coloursofcluny.com
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited August 2016
    There is another forest event this year at Monikie Country Park between Dundee and Arbroath.  This year's is called Dragon Matrix, described as a "Hi-tech adventure in the woods"  from 5 - 31 October (except 10th, 17th & 2th).  I took my young adult children to the one last year as I needed their help to get the iphone app!  This year's event also requires a smartphone or tablet.  www.dragonmatrix.org.uk or phone 01241 435800 
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    The Enchanted Forest opens tonight in Pitlochry. Here is a sneek peek of the event!

Best regards
    fishypro
  • VisitScotlandAngelaVisitScotlandAngela Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    There's a great family friendly Woodland Light Experience at North Ballochruin Farm at Balfron Station (which lies between Loch Lomond and Stirling).  They also have a really fun Fairy Experience and a Woodland Santa Experience from the end of November.  :)