Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Concern over safety

Here in America we frequently hear in the news about Scottish animosity towards the English. In particular, protests at the border trying to turn holidaymakers from England back and telling them they are not welcome. As Americans driving north from London should we be concerned about being stopped and harassed? The reports of violence directed against people arriving from England concerns us.
Tagged:

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭

It is quite disturbing to hear such news. We haven't heard anything like that at all on the news.
    I am a Bed & Breakfast owner in Perthshire and we have had lots of guests who have stayed with us recently and we haven't heard of any disruptions at all.

I think that you are watching some kind of fear pushing channel!
    We have noticed a huge push of fear on the TV during the pandemic. It's just scare mongering.

There is nothing to worry about over here.
    Just follow the government guidelines in the area that you are visiting and there will be no problem.

Enjoy your trip and have fun.
    When are you travelling?

Best regards
    Graeme

Best regards
    fishypro
  • Will1952Will1952 Member
    I was going to visit next spring but I'm now reconsidering.
    The news said that masked protesters in hazmat suits put up banners at the border telling visitors from England to “stay the f*** out”
    From the video footage it looked real enough, not just scaremongering.

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭

At the end of the day, it is your decision but I can assure you that this is not happening!

Graeme
    Best regards
    fishypro