Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

I was planning to visit Fort William 18th and 19th of May 2021 but I'm not sure.

I was planning to visit Fort William 18th and 19th of May 2021 but now I'm not sure and the reason is that the places I have applied for B & B are all not inclined to accept a booking untill they know what the intentions are of the Scottish Government and if they are not sure where does it leave me?


  • VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @BML

    Thank you for your message regarding an upcoming visit.

    This is such a difficult time for everyone, with everyone desperate to book a getaway and to the providers not knowing if they can accept the booking. At the moment the dates have been given as a guideline and are very much subject to change depending on infection rates, and sadly its something we can not guarantee at this time, which I know is frustrating for both parties involved in this type of query.

    If a B&B were to take your booking, please make sure that you get something in writing that covers you in the event that these dates don't go ahead so you get your money back. Otherwise, it will be a case of waiting until nearer the time if you can and then hopefully we will all be in a better position to know what is allowed/not allowed. Our restrictions change on a 3 week period and our next change is coming on the 5th, so all going well with that the next one is the 26th. By then we will know if the changes planned for the 17th of May will go ahead.

    Is this the only date you can make the trip, or is it something that can be moved, even just a few weeks later when we will know a bit more?

    I am so sorry that we can not give you a definite answer on this and I know you appreciate that this is all down to government restrictions and not the B&Bs themselves.

    Please if you need anymore information on any part of your planning then please do get back in touch and we look forward to welcoming you when time allows, which we hope will be the 18th and 19th of May :smile:

    Kind Regards


  • Hello, @BML I will recommend you read all news and covid rules before going on the trip to Scotland. You known covid 3rd wave is very dangerous and Dovid cases are increasing daily. 
Sign In or Register to comment.