Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Short break to Fort William using the Caledonion Sleper.

My wife has long wanted to use the Calendonian Sleeper and we thought we could use it as a base for a short break. Is anyone able to offer us any suggestions?

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Where do you want to go?
    Where are you travelling from?
    If you are travelling to Scotland then I can suggest Pitlochry for a short break. It is a lovely old Victorian town with lots of things to see and do.
    What do you like doing?
    Are you walkers?
    Can you offer any further information to make it easier for someone to suggest somethings for you to do?

Best regards
    Graeme

Best regards
    fishypro
  • BMLBML Member
    Subject to the Government granting us our freedom I have got as far in the planning stage of booking a berth on the Caledonian Sleeper and I'm now looking for accommodation at either a small hotel or a B & B for two nights, 18th May 2021 and 19th May 2021 within walking distance from the Railway Station at Fort William. 
  • VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @BML

Thank you for your message and its lovely to hear you want to visit Scotland.

All our accommodation is on our website here and you can filter your search to suit your needs. However, if you are putting in certain dates they may not come up as available as some places may still have dates blocked off and are maybe waiting for official dates for reopening.

Our icentres are all still closed at the moment, but we are working from home and are accessing our emails. You could email Fort William and they could give you specific local information and know where the best hotel and B&B would be and who are already taking bookings etc. Their email address is [email protected] 

I hope this is of help to you and we look forward to welcoming you to Scotland when restrictions allow :smile: 

Please let us know if you need any other information

Kind Regards

Lindsay