Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

relocating

Hi All, this is a great site. I'm sure this is boring question for some as it's asked so often! My husband and myself wish to retire to Skye (after the pandemic obviously) but don' know where to look as far as property is concerned? we want to rent somewhere not buy. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.  We both currently live in Somerset and do not have the need for employment as my husband is retired and I work for myself. 

Comments

• VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Catherine001

Thank you for your message. We are currently working from home at the moment but our iCentre team from Skye can still be emailed [email protected] They will be able to tell you the right local places and businesses to contact to help you with looking for places to rent. They will also be able to tell you more local information of which is maybe the best part to look at, the amenities and everything else you need to know about the area.

I hope that is of help to you. If you need anymore information, please do not hesitate to get back in touch :smile:

Kind Regards

Lindsay