Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Christmas holidays in scotland

Dear all

I wonder if someone can help me with some guidance. I want to visit scotland especially Edinburgh and a few places in Inverness. Aviemore during the Christmas holidays. With the current conditions and restrictions are people allowed to travel driving from England to Scotland?

I have read throguh the scottish govt website, it says people from the same tier are allowed to travel but I am not clear if visitiors from england are allowed.

Regards
Joy

Comments

• VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Joydeep

I am so sorry this question was not answered before now and i hope you were able to find the answer from one of the Government Covid-19 dedicated pages. It has been a confusing time for everyone to understand all the details regarding different tiers and over the 2 countries. Since just before Christmas, travel across the Border has been prohibited except for essential purposes. This rule still continues today with the current lockdown measures set out by the Scottish Government yesterday (4th Jan 2021)

Kind Regards

Lindsay