Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

North Coast 500- potential trip

Hi,

I was wondering what peoples opinions are on the likelihood of being able to do the NC500 this summer would be? (I am a resident of Scotland and would be going with 1 other person from my bubble). I know that tourism is beginning to open up from mid July, however, wasn't sure if there was any insight into how feasible doing the trip in perhaps August when things are a little more settled would be. 
Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. 
Thanks.

Comments

• VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Kirstys1221

Thank you for your question regarding heading off to do the NC500 in August. As you can imagine this is an ever changing situation that we cant predict. At the moment as you will be aware we are still restricted to travelling only 5 miles. This is however set to change and like you say things are beginning to open up, this is just the phase we are at now and a test to see how we get on with keeping Covid-19 at bay. Doing the NC500 would require you to have accommodation booked so it is highly advisable that you do your research and contact the accommodation providers directly to see where they stand on opening up and what their policies are that they will have set in place etc. Some, sadly may not be able to reopen after this and others may choose to wait a little bit longer than government guidelines.

I hope that helps you but please feel free to get back to us if you need any more help

Kind Regards

Lindsay