Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines
and learn how to use the Community
. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.
Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?
Join the conversation today.
August 2020 Campervan Road Trip
I've tried to work out from the various recommendations on this site the best itinerary for a family campervan road trip but with the limited knowledge we have and the number of must see options its proving difficult to work out the best route so hoping some of you have some helpful tips & guidance.
What we know -
1) looking at late August 2020 (hopefully camp sites are open) for a week'ish
2) 2 adults, 2 x 13yr olds, 1 dog in a T5 camper
3) must include 2 nights in Dornoch as got married there in 2003 & want to show the kids
4) want to see some of the amazing west coat &/or island sites
5) a night or two completely off the beaten track would be good
6) any recommendation of good dog friendly pubs & eateries most welcome
7) start at the most northerly point included & end south in readiness for drive back to Norfolk
Seems a long list and appreciate its a lot for a week but even if we hit a few would be great & i know if we make it up we'll probably miss loads