Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

COVID-19: any official regulations in Scotland?

Hi folks,

we planned a trip to Scotland these days and of course everything including flight is canceled .. well, not everything, because 2 hotels refuse to do so. One to offer a voucher but the second one not replying at all.
I totally understand that it's a very hard time for them, like for everyone at the moment, but I wonder if there's any official statement from government I could rely on. The problem is that we don't know when we are able to do our trip and then if at this special point in time this special apartment is free for us. So I feel a bit discouraged to take a voucher and not even that from the second hotel we booked for our round trip through Scotland.

The FAQ on your page wasn't helpful for me. Maybe I overlooked something, but I couldn't find anything related to this.
In Germany for instance there's a regulation for that and hotels have to pay back in case a customer doesn't want to take a voucher which is of course preferred.

BTW: We booked via booking.com, but all they do is just contacting once and on no reply: bad luck, customer.

Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Kassi,
    We hear this all the time.
    If you (the guest) have booked through a travel agent as a package then you should find it easier to receive a postponement or your money back.
    If you have booked directly with the accommodation provider then read the terms & conditions that you have agreed with in the first place.
    Hopefully you have a good enough insurance that covers this kind of thing. Unfortunately, most people are price orientated and will always look for a deal rather than covering themselves in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
    Otherwise, it is all up to goodwill in the end.
    Hope this helps.

Best regards
    fishypro