Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Greetings from Japan

YoshiYoshi Member ✭✭
Hi all,
I’m Yoshi from Japan. I was planning to visit Ben Nevis this June but postponed due to COVID-19. I’m looking forward to visiting there in the post-COVID and would really appreciate if I could get information about Ben Nevis a lot. Thanks!

Comments

• VisitScotlandRonanVisitScotlandRonan Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi Yoshi! Hope you are well. It's shame to hear that you have had to postpone your plans. Ben Nevis is a fantastic place. Hope the below link can provide some of the information you are looking for. 

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/iconic-scotland/ben-nevis/

Cheers, 
    Ronan 
  • YoshiYoshi Member ✭✭
    Thanks Ronan,
    I've visited the link so many times! lol I'm planning to go there next year and stay in Fort William. Looking forward to going Ben Nevis, driving somewhere and enjoying Scotch a lot. Can't wait!

Best,
    Yoshi
  • VisitScotlandRonanVisitScotlandRonan Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi Yoshi, 

Sounds like an amazing trip! Are there any particular tourist spots you want to go? 

• YoshiYoshi Member ✭✭
    Hello Ronan,

I have no idea yet, actually. I want to go for a drive somewhere to enjoy the magnificent nature of Scotland, and I'm looking for a good whisky bar in Fort William. Ah, also want to enjoy the Jacobite steam train!
    Hi Yoshi, 

Sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned! All amazing ideas. Check out visitscotland.com for a whole range of other attractions you might not know of! 

Cheers, 
    Ronan
  • VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Yoshi
    So sorry you couldn't come to visit Scotland this year, but we look forward to welcoming you next year. 
    The West Coast is truly amazing. Not far from Fort William you have Glencoe which is amazing to drive through, do a bit of walking and there is also a visitorcentre to tell you all about the area and the Massacre of Glencoe. Have a look here One thing about Glencoe, because of the history of it the best time to drive there is on a cold, dull day, it adds so much more to the atmosphere. 

I would also recommend you book the Jacobite train in advance. This is such a popular journey that its best to know you have your ticket rather being disappointed if its fully booked. If you are unable to get out onto the train you can take the drive to the Glenfinnan Viaduct for some spectacular views and timed right you will see the train coming across the bridge.
  • YoshiYoshi Member ✭✭
    Hi Lindsay,
    Thank you for great information! Visiting Glencoe sounds nice. I want to enjoy the amazing scenery and old Scottish feel.
    Ah! I should book the Jacobite train beforehand, but on the other hand, I also want to take pictures of the “Hogwarts Express” coming across the Glenfinnan Viaduct instead of getting on the train. I can’t decide!
  • VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi Yoshi

Maybe this link will help you decide. A lot of people just go on the train and enjoy the view as it does go quite slow across the viaduct. I went to Glenfinnan to admire the view and seen the train come across the Viaduct at the same time. A lot of people don't realise there is history behind this area but it has been put onto the map more because of Harry Potter. You could get the train and enjoy the journey or if you drive there you will get the chance to see it coming across the bridge (just make sure you time it right) but there are the views, the monument at the Loch side and the visitor centre which will tell you the history of it all. Whichever one you decide you wont be disappointed
  • YoshiYoshi Member ✭✭
    Hi Lindsay,

Thanks a lot! I visited the link. I did't know about the history of Jacobite. The more I knew  the history, the more I wanted to go there.