Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Scotland will still be here... but where to visit after lock down?

LochgmarcpLochgmarcp VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
The current pandemic sweeping the globe has put paid to all of our planned trips and holidays this year... Trips we have planned for weeks, months or a once in a lifetime trip.

Despite this, we now have been given a chance to slow down, re evaluate and possibly plan our trips in greater detail. I am spending some of my time to research my next photography trips to the Highlands further, looking for new places to visit in areas I have visited a few times before...

So, where is on your list to visit once the lock down is lifted and our ability to roam more freely (something I will never take for granted again) becomes a reality again?

Below are a couple of places I will return to to explore further, but let me know in the comments where you will be heading for!

Stac Pollaidh, Assynt

A short drive north of Ullapool you will reach this fantastic and rugged landscape, have you been?

Mid Argyll

Steeped in history, a wander through Kilmartin Glen will take you past ancient standing stones, Dunadd Fort (pictured) and get you close to lots of castles and wildlife, including the Beaver which can be spotted in the forests of Knapdale.

Fort William to Mallaig

A drive from Fort William to Mallaig will take you passed Glenfinnan (Monument pictured below) and the location for the famous Glenfinnan Monument made more famous in the Harry Potter films. Carry on passed here and you'll drive through stunning scenery and next to stunning beaches like the Silver Sands of Morar and Camusdarach Beach, well worth a walk on a summers evening.

So where is going to be on your travel itinerary once restrictions are lifted? Let me know below...
Instagram.com/Lochgmarcp @lochgmarcp