Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Getting from London to Edinburgh with a bike

Hello everyone!
I need help figuring something out: I would like to visit Scotland this summer using only my bike.
I'm from France and I was thinking I could just bring my bike with me as I know the bus company I will use to go to London allows it. However, I think the only bus I can take to go to Edinburgh from London is National Express's; and from what I've seen I don't think they allow bikes as luggages? I think it says the bicycle is supposed to be folded in half or with wheels and pedals removed... It all seems quite complicated considering the bike I own is not foldable, I don't want to be bothered with bringing lots of tools and I'm quite small so it would all be very unpractical.
Anyway my point is: Is there any way I could get my bike from France to Scotland in one piece and without spending hundreds? Maybe slow trains? I don't care if it takes me a long time, my constraints are money and practicality.
I would rent a bike there but I'm afraid it would be too expensive... Let me know if you can help me!
Thank you very much,
Maelys

Comments