Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Request for help to plan my Edinburgh trip

DublinerDubliner Member
Hi,
I am from Dublin and would like to visit Edinburgh in July with wife and 2 kids. Please help me to plan my trip.

1. Is there any public transport available from the Edinburgh airport to Edinburgh city centre? 

2. What is the mode to pay for travel in Scotland (Edinburgh) via public transport - Coins & Notes (Sterling) / Credit or Debit cards / Travel Cards? Would I be able to buy tickets via Irish visa debit cards from the driver? 

2. Any theme parks accessible via public transport in Edinburgh?

3. How to reach M&D's - Scotlands theme park in Edinburgh from city centre? 

Appreciate your help...

Comments

• VisitScotlandEstherVisitScotlandEsther Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    edited June 2016
    When you're travelling by bus and tram around Edinburgh there's also the option of using the smartphone app. The app allows you to buy tickets in advance with your card - you activate them just before you board and show your e-ticket to the driver (or conductor in the case of trams).

The app also has lots of extra handy information such as route maps, live tracking of services showing you when the next one will arrive, and updates on any changes,  diversions, etc.

Transport for Edinburgh app: