Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Questions

Hello I am new to the community and I want to ask I will be traveling to Scotland next year 
where is it better to stay to save money apartments B&B or hotels 
my brother and like to have full kitchens 
 where are the best places to buy authentic Scotland suveniors like throws, tea sets and sweaters 
thank you so much

Comments

• VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

Hi @Cynthia255

Welcome to the community. Do you have a particular are of Scotland you are visiting or are you travelling to various places? Are you travelling by car? As you may find that self catering is a good option for you and use that as a base to travel back and forward to depending on what and where you want to see.

B&Bs are normally slightly cheaper than hotels but this can vary, again it all depends where you want to visit as to what will be the best option for you.

There are always lovely gift shops around the country to purchase different kinds of souvenirs and our information centres also carry a wide range of gifts, with each centre offering something a bit different.

• edmitedmit Member

Does anyone know of a good site that lists cottages for rent that are child friendly and can accommodate up to 12 people within a radius of 100 miles from Edinburgh?

Thanks

Ed.

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @edmit - we have an accommodation search tool that should be useful for you: https://www.visitscotland.com/accommodation/ :)

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram