Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Silver sands of Morar

eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Scotland's countryside
I visited the Silver sands of Morar on Saturday, I think it may be the most beautiful place I've visited in Scotland so far the sand is beautifully white and the sea that beautiful blue. The beach also offers view of the Isle of Eigg, Rum and Skye! It's the perfect place to visit on a summers day. Oh and the rope swings are pretty fun too

Comments

• OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
    @eilidh__cameron thanks for sharing, looks amazing  :)
  • VisitScotlandLyndsayVisitScotlandLyndsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @eilidh__cameron. Your photographs are fantastic. I have never been before but so many people talk about how amazing it is. Will have to add it to my list..... :)
  • DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Beautiful photos @eilidh__cameron! I love Arisaig and the beaches in that area too. Makes me want to go back.

The first time I visited I couldn't quite believe it was our Scotland. It was a sunny day and it looked so tropical with stunning views across to Skye and the Small Isles. I love to see land and mountains across the sea.

The first photo below is Camusdarach beach, just a little further along the coast from the Morar. The second photo is Morar beach.

There's so much more to explore along the coastline. Lots of little coved beaches!

I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    @DMWScotland thank you and wow these photos are absolutely beautiful,  Camusdarach  especially! Think it'll now be added to my bucket list I really want to explore that area of Scotland a lot more! 
  • FishjaggerFishjagger Member ✭✭
    Camusdarach beach one of my favourite in Scotland! Amazing spot and views - the Local Hero 1980's beach filming location...
  • BushmanBushman Member ✭✭
    Eilidh, the silver sands of Morar are also known as the singing sands. They get the name because as you walk on them they squeak.
  • ZarabelleZarabelle Member ✭✭
    @eilidh__cameron @DMWScotland Wowee those are beautiful photographs it looks stunning!
  • DMWScotlandDMWScotland VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Thanks @Zarabelle! Even more beautiful with your own eyes :).

I remember when I first stepped on to Morar beach, this guy looked confused and said to me "I think I've taken a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in Greece" lol.

I have more photos on my blog about this area if you fancy a look: https://loveexploringscotland.com/2016/02/20/arisaig-glenfinnan-mallaig-and-more/

It's a Scottish paradise! :)
    I blog about places I've explored in Scotland on Love Exploring Scotland  <3
    Follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagramVimeo or YouTube :)
  • IknowluxuryIknowluxury Member ✭✭
    I visited the Silver sands of Morar on Saturday, I think it may be the most beautiful place I've visited in Scotland so far the sand is beautifully white and the sea that beautiful blue. The beach also offers view of the Isle of Eigg, Rum and Skye! It's the perfect place to visit on a summers day. Oh and the rope swings are pretty fun too
    I absolutely agree, I love this part of Scotland. 
  • eilidh__cameroneilidh__cameron VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    @Iknowluxury @Zarabelle @VisitScotlandLyndsay thank you! It really is incredible would throughly reccomend a visit, so magical ✨
  • LaineyfaefifeLaineyfaefife Member ✭✭
    heaven on earth ... my first visit was as a 2 year old, I'm now 43 and it's still the most amazingly beautiful place I have ever been to.  I've lost count of the number of times I've visited, and now my husband and daughter love it there too.

There's a new trekking centre opened up and it's on my bucket list to ride a pony on those fantastic beaches!