Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Liverpool to Scotland for 1 day (lol) between Xmas & New Year

justinuk777justinuk777 Member
edited October 23 in General Discussion

Hello everyone,

I know this is crazy and a post you would shake your head out. The logistics, travelling, daylight hours. Its really mad, but as a request from a friend i'm asking lol

I'm wondering if anyone can help at all - its a really long shot.

I have a family coming from abroad and are hoping (its a long shot i know) but if anyone knows of anyone who might live in Liverpool or around Liverpool has a car and would be interested in driving them to Scotland for a quick visit to show some of sights (kind of tour guide so to speak) and then drive back.

The dates they are looking at are either:-

Tuesday 24th December (i know Christmas eve lol)

or

Friday 27th December

or

Saturday 28th December

Also not sure if this is a option but checking this option 1st but maybe get the family to drive towards Scotland, then meet up with someone who would show them around again for a day.

Maybe a student who wants a little extra cash, i don't know

Obviously I know there would be cost/fees to all of this,

If anyone has any other suggestions open to all ideas.

Thank you to anyone in-advance

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @justinuk777!

Wow this is quite an ambitious travel plan for your friends. Are they aware that Liverpool to Glasgow is minimum 3 hours 40 mins each way? And Liverpool to Edinburgh is 4 hours 15 each way, if not longer. This would allow for very little sight seeing at all!

If they are available both the 27th and 28th of December then I would suggest they book overnight accommodation and stay at least one night to make this even slightly feasible.

In terms of finding someone to drive them, it might be easier (and cheaper) if they look into a hire car option. Alternatively there are also trains they could catch for around 3 1/2 hours and then book into some tours while they're here.

I hope this helps somewhat?
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • justinuk777justinuk777 Member
    Thank you for your message  very much appreciated. I think they plan to take the train & use a tour company called Rabbies. Hopefully they will sort something out  👍