Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Highland Cows near Aberdeen?

Hi everyone,

Back in 2017 I first joined this forum and asked if there is a way for me to see Highland Cows near Dundee. Because of the comments I received on there I ended up seeing Highland Cows up close for the first time, so I can't thank you all enough for that! 

In the meantime, I have had a few more opportunities to get even closer to these lovely animals but somehow I haven't been successful in Aberdeen, where I'm currently staying. I know of a few companies that do 'Highland cow safaris' or farm experiences, but they seem a bit far away from the city centre and unreachable by public transport (I would love to go to Aberdeenshire Highland Beef for instance but that is too complicated to reach). This made me wonder if there are any tours around the Aberdeen area where you are guaranteed to see a cow from up close, and if that is not possible if there are any cows in a local park that I could pay a visit.

I absolutely love seeing the cows in Dundee, and I'm hoping to get lucky this time too. Thank you in advance for all your help, I love how questions about wanting to see cows aren't considered too odd on here!

Comments

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Hi @IngeKleefman

I am not sure about any specific coo related tours. However, Aikenshill House, just a few miles north of Aberdeen do have their own herd of coos. Primarily accommodation but they do welcome visitors to see their fold. 

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • IngeKleefmanIngeKleefman Member ✭✭
    Hi @IngeKleefman

I am not sure about any specific coo related tours. However, Aikenshill House, just a few miles north of Aberdeen do have their own herd of coos. Primarily accommodation but they do welcome visitors to see their fold. 

Thank you, it is a bit far from where I'm staying but it is definitely doable for a day trip!