Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Xmas & New Years with A teenager

We are thinking of spending Xmas and New Years in Edinburgh. Any issues with a teenager and the New Years activities?
 I assume we may have issues with some restaurants after 10 or 11PM?

Comments

• scothighlandsscothighlands Member ✭✭
    Licensing laws in Edinburgh/Scotland are complex and debated at regular intervals on various travel forums, concerning situations where teenagers are under 18.

My (very limited) understanding is that licenses vary from establishment to establishment in Edinburgh (both in terms of curfew and who’s permitted entry) and so you’re best to check where you’ll be eating/drinking what their licenses allow.

Edinburgh is such a lovely city in the winter and at New Year, I hope you find a plan which can make your festive celebrations work.
    ___
    scothighlands | www.scothighlands.com
  • VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

As said above it is always better to check with the establishments as each will be different and you may find that some of them may offer family friendly events.

I don't know if this website will help you with your plans but everything that you need to see and do in Edinburgh at Christmas and New Year is on this website here