Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Flying out of Edinburgh via Air Canada

Hello everyone! I am planning my third trip to Scotland next spring and found a great savings on flight. I have always stayed with one airliner with connecting flights in the same airport. BUT....this flight I have booked has a return via Air Canada, I will be leaving Edinburgh on Air Canada and fly into Toronto. Can anyone explain the location of Air Canada at Edinburgh airport? Departure is at 8:20 am and want to have plenty of time to locate. I am told by B&B owners the drive to airport is about 25 minutes. Guess I should leave B&B at 5:30 am. Will I be able to order a taxi that early in the morning? Any information will be helpful. :)

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Diana you shouldn't have any trouble getting a taxi for that time of day - and many companies will allow you to ring ahead and pre book. If you're able to check in online for your flight I would recommend doing this the day before you're due to depart. 

At Edinburgh airport all the bag drop off areas are in one long line so you shouldn't have any trouble finding where you need to go :)
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • DianaDiana Member ✭✭
    Hi @Amanda, thanks for the information. Definitely will schedule taxi night before. I will down load Air Canada app so I can check in night before. Have a great day!