Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Only have a few days. Am driving my own car from the Cairnryan Ferry. Want to hit the "Basics"

I'm coming over from Northern Ireland (I'm an American tourist.) I've only a few days to play with and would like to get a "taste" of Glasgow and Edinburgh. I'm driving myself. Any tips that would make this extremely efficient? (I plan on staying in Hostels as well.) Thank you. - Kyle

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @JerseyKyle. How many days are you allocating to each? You could definitely see most the main attractions in Edinburgh and Glasgow if you allowed 2 days in each city.

Here are some guides that might be helpful for you:

2 Days in Edinburgh
    48 Hours in Glasgow

For Edinburgh you may want to consider a park and ride option with the car. The city centre itself is very easy to get around by foot, and parking is harder to come by.

Hope this is useful! Let me know if you have any further questions :) 

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram