Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

What to pack for Scotland in December?

Hi everyone! Please, help to understand what to pack fod Scotland in December. I mean which clothes, shoes, how warm it should be. 
p.s. I'm very sorry for my English.

Best Answer

Answers

• Lindsay, thanks a lot!
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @zoyashermatova

I think it will also depend what country you're coming from. If you're used to a warmer climate then you are likely to find Scotland quite cold in December so be prepared to rug up with thermals too. I was shocked when I first came here from New Zealand, but now that I've had 4 Scottish winters I find that I'm acclimated. 
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • Hello, @VisitScotlandAmanda ;
    I'll come from Russia :)
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    @zoyashermatova - I always recommend to people to wear many layers but if you are coming from Russia then I am sure you are well practiced in the art of wrapping up warm. 

They weather can be beautiful - snow on the hills with blue sky but still bitterly cold. You may still find a need for sunglasses. Either way I would also recommend comfy shoes with a good grip. 

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
  • @FullStopNextChapter Thank you very much!