Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Myths for Kids

VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

Ghosts, ghouls and witches, oh my! Scotland has its fair share of creepy tales, haunted attractions, and spooky legends that have become popular for family-friendly days out over the years. 

From Mary King’s Close in Edinburgh, the Ghost Road in Dumfries & Galloway, to the Ghost Piper of Culzean Castle in Ayrshire and the iconic Loch Ness Monster, there are hundreds of chilling experiences you can get involved in. 

What attractions, locations or tales have you and the family managed to explore? Let me know below!

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
Instagram

Comments

• VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

We did the Edinburgh Vaults Tour for a hen night a few years back and we were taking photos. When I put the photos onto my computer you could clearly see an elderly lady in one of the corners of the room which was colder than the rest of the room. None of us seen anything at the time but was so clear on the photo.

HM Frigate Unicorn in Dundee is apparently haunted as well and they have had the most haunted team out but on the occasions I have been I haven't witnessed anything, but the lower decks do make you feel like there could be something.