Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Celiac-friendly Pubs in Edinburgh + Portree

Hello!

I'm going to be visiting Edinburgh (in Old Town) and Portree this week and next week, and am really hoping to visit some pubs even though I have celiac disease (so I need to stay away from gluten). I've heard that Scotland as a whole is very celiac-friendly, and I'm very excited to visit! Does anyone know of any pubs I'd be able to eat at during my stay? And if you happen to have any gluten free beer or cider recommendations, I'd love to try them!

Thank you in advance! 
Tagged:

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @ayoung59!

You should find it pretty easy to eat gluten free in Edinburgh! 

Here are some places that you might like to try:

Fish and chips:
    Scran & Scallie
    The Chip Inn
    Bertie's Fish & Chips

Cafes/bakeries/food on the go:
    Loudons
    Sugar Daddies Bakery (100% gluten free bakery!)
    Hula
    Leo's Beanery
    Tupiniquim
    Union of Genius
    The Pakora Bar
    Pumpkin Brown
    Grams

Pubs/restaurants:
    Six by Nico
    La Favorita
    Contini
    The Educated Flea

But don't limit yourself to just this list as most places will have at least a couple of clearly marked GF options on their menu.

Hopefully someone else can help you with Portree tips! Hope you have a great time!

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • LochNessPhotographyLochNessPhotography Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    I think Cafe Arriba in Portree has a range of Gluten Free options. It's always really busy though so get there good and early!

Another one to look at is Cafe Sia in Broadford. Chances are you'll be passing through on your way to Portree and it's somewhere I always stop at when I'm in Skye.