Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

help 5 day itinerary

Can you suggest if our below 5-day itinerary is any good? we arrive on the 14th at Aberdeen airport and drive for Inverness. We sleep there and early morning on the 15th we leave to the Isle of Skye and sleep there and leave Skye on the 18th early in the morning back to Aberdeen

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @roncam! Looks pretty good to me - you've packed in a pretty scenic whistle stop tour! The days where you drive to/from Skye will be big ones (close to 6 hours) so hopefully you enjoy driving. Make sure you take lots of rest stops along the way. Enjoy!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • roncamroncam Member ✭✭
    do you think that it will be better if we drop kilchurn castle and visit Glencoe instead ?
  • VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

Hi @roncam

Looks like an amazing trip and your definitely seeing some great places. I have done both Kilchurn and Glencoe and both are worth visiting. Personally for me I feel that the Glencoe area has a little bit more to offer as not only have you got the stunning view of the mountains, you have the little village of Glencoe and they also have a visitor centre which tells you all about the history of the area and of course about the massacre of Glencoe. Check out this website for more information