Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Year of Coast and Waters 2020

VisitScotlandLindsayVisitScotlandLindsay Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff

Next year sees us celebrating Scotland's vast Coast and Water environment so what better way to make a start than sharing our favourite places with each other.

Maybe some will offer inspiration in planning next years holiday around our themed year, or just get you out and about enjoying what is on our doorstep.

Here are my favourite photos from both my home in the Scottish Borders and near Dundee where I now live.

This is Glen Clova and Loch Brandy in the Angus Glens not far from DundeeOur Dog Izzy up Glen ClovaLeaderfoot Viaduct spanning the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders. If you continue along that road you come to the site of the old Roman Fort Trimontium and then onto Melrose, where you will find Melrose Abbey and the start point for walking the Eildon Hills.  

The River Tweed flowing into Kelso past Floors Castle. The stones to the left are the remnants of Roxburgh Castle and on the hill in the background is the ruins of Hume Castle 

This was literally outside my front door and is the River Teviot near Roxburgh in the Scottish Borders.

Please show us your best water and coast photos :)

Comments

• davidcamerondavidcameron Member ✭✭
    Loved the post and pictures. Pleasant
  • FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    I love living near Perth and having the river Tay so close. Many of our favourite walks have great views of the river. 

View from Kinnoull Hill 

Also the Hermitage, just north of Perth, near Dunkeld. This is Black Linn waterfall - a good place to see salmon jumping up the falls.

Kenmore and Loch Tay are also perfect for a day out. Visit the Crannog Centre, take a boat trip out on the loch, hire canoes or dip your toe in the water for wild swimming. There are also plenty of walks in the area

Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube