Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Citylink Edinburgh-Glasgow / Ferry Isle of Skye-Mallaig / Smoo Cave

Hi there. I am travelling to Scotland for the first time in about a week. I think I have organized more or less everything, but still have three questions.
We will travel vom Edinburgh Airport to Glasgow by the Citylink Bus. Are pre-bookings for the bus necessary or can we buy the tickets there? I would do the bookings, but we don't know yet what we will take the bus. We arrive by plane and you never know if it will be on time and how long it takes for the baggage claim etc.

Another question is: Do we need to book the ferry from Isle of Skye to Mallaig in advance or is it also possible to do it there?

And the last question: Does anyone know where I can find information about the guided tours in the smoo caves and how long in the evening it is possible to do the tours.

Thanks! I am really looking forward to my visit.

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello! I know this might not be very useful as you've mentioned you don't know exact timings yet, but I do think your safest option would be to book any travel arrangements in advance. It's a busy time of year in Scotland and you don't want to run the risk of missing out.

Does this website help with the Smoo Caves tour? http://smoocavetours.weebly.com/ 

Hope you have a great trip!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram