Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

From July the 26th to August the 4th

Hi all,

I wanted to ask the most original question of all times here: what's the weather those days?

Let me extend it a little:

I've read that you can get a taste of all the seasons in the same day, this means rain, cold and hot... OK, after reading Scotland can go from 10ºC to 18ºC in those dates, we've are almost decided to buy:

One pair of Gore-tex hiking boots (keep feet warm) (Salomon, Columbia...).
A 100% waterproof jacket and pants (Helly Hansen, Marmot...).

We plan to leave hotels early in the morning (breakfast and go).

Is it too much? we would not like to be the only astronauts in Scotland... it's end of July and beginning of August after all...

I guess in Edinburgh we can dress more casual: same shoes, but jeans and a normal jacket... soft shell or similar...

And... maybe a stupid question... is it even possible go in short sleeves?

Well, again thanks for reading and for all the advice!

:)

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @JoanM! Haha, our favourite question  ;)

Where are you traveling here from? If you're from a hot climate then you're likely to need more layers than someone like myself, who has lived here for several years and I walk around in t-shirts all the time. Today was 14 degrees and it was definitely t-shirt/walk to work weather for me.

If you bring something waterproof and layers that you can easily take-off/add back on then that's your safest bet.

I wish I could predict the weather for you but it's too hard to say! Last year July was lovely with some 28 degree days but there's no guarantee we'll get that again.
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • JoanMJoanM Member ✭✭
    Hi Amanda!

I guess it is... :D

We will come from Barcelona (Catalonia / Spain).

Today we have 26ºC... This is t-shirt weather for us! :D

In Barcelona in January we get from 8ºC to 14ºC...

We will follow your advice:

Layers with one waterproof.

Thank you!

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    If coming from Spain then I'd suggest your body might take some time to adjust to our northern climate, so layers are key! Hope you have a great time and let us know if you need help with any other aspects of planning :) 
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram