Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Edinburgh's summer festivals

VisitScotlandNikkiVisitScotlandNikki Administrator, VisitScotland Staff
With the start of June tomorrow, everyone in Edinburgh is gearing up for the start of the capital's wonderful summer festivals. From films and books to comedy and dance, there is an astonishing mixture of events for all ages and all tastes!

What's been your best experience at Edinburgh's summer festivals? What's your hot tip for what to see in 2016?

Not been before? Find out what you're missing with our new Edinburgh Festivals Survival Guide 2016!

Comments

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I like to go along to the Pleasance Courtyard outdoor venue in the evening with my friends. We soak up the atmosphere  ;) and chat to people. It's a great vibe. Then, inevitably we end up going to see a random show and thoroughly enjoying it. Never a dull moment.
  • VisitScotlandNikkiVisitScotlandNikki Administrator, VisitScotland Staff
    @VisitScotlandJulie that's a great one - there's always a great atmosphere at the Pleasance Courtyard and plenty of shows to choose from too!
  • VisitScotlandHeatherVisitScotlandHeather Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I'm planning to go to the Meadows Festival this weekend!  I haven't managed to make it for a few years but the forecast looks good so I have high hopes  :D
  • VisitScotlandAlisonVisitScotlandAlison Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Don't overplan!  Just go wandering and see where you end up, some of the venues are worth the trip in themselves! 
  • HannahHannah Member
    edited June 2016
    Looks like a great opening to the Edinburgh International Festival. Best of all, it's free! 

Sunday 7th August
    Standard Life Opening Event: Deep Time
    Epic outdoor public art show at Edinburgh Castle bringing together animation, lighting, and music by Mogwai.

(Unfortunately, my account doesn't allow me to include links or images 
    :/  )

• OutandaboutElaineOutandaboutElaine Member ✭✭✭
    @Hannah looks like a great event.  Sorry for the link and image restrictions you will be able to post images and links very, very soon. 
  • Samantha_GrantSamantha_Grant VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Got my tickets for Deep Time and can't wait. It looks spectacular.  It's a free ticketed event so if anyone is interested, go to the Edinburgh International Festival website and snap them up before it's too late. 

I'm a Scottish travel blogger and freelance writer with an extensive knowledge of travelling in Scotland.  I'm always on the road exploring my wonderful country.  I love remote places, history and the great outdoors.