Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Oban and Mull vs Glenfinnan viaduct, Cullen MOor and Cairngmore National Park

Please help me decide.  I am travelling with elderly person, who can only walk about 2km on relatively flat tracks (no or very short and gentle gradient/slope).  We like beautiful scenery, quaint towns and meeting locals.   We will be arriving in Edinburgh on 22 Sep and departing from Glasgow on 29 Sep.  WE are planning on renting a car.

Option 1 Loch Lomond, Glencoe, Oban, and Isle of Mull. 
Option 2 Loch Lomond, Glencoe, Glenfinnan viaduct, Cullen moor, Cairngmore National Park. 
Option 3 ???

What route is likely to create the most awe-inspiring memories? 

Comments

• FunkyEllas_TravelFunkyEllas_Travel VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    If your companion can manage the ferry then heading to Oban then onto Mull, via Glencoe would be amazing. Glencoe has lots of walks so you can just choose how far to walk when you get there, you'll still see the fantastic scenery no matter how far you walk. Oban is reasonably flat, around the promenade, and you'll be able to get parked no bother. For option 2 do you mean Culloden Moor? This is also relatively flat but does involve first walking around the centre then out onto the field but you don't have to walk far, you could sit on one of the benches to rest etc. I think option one sounds best, the drive through Rannoch Moor and Glencoe is outstanding and Oban and Mull are stunning.  
    Nicola Holland
    Scottish Travel writer/blogger.
    Ask me anything about Scotland including eating and drinking, travelling with the family, history, the cities and the countryside.
    You can follow me here
    Blog|Twitter|Facebook| Instagram