Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

First time visit to Scotland

I am visiting Scotland for the first time in June for a week. I would greatly appreciate suggestions for the best places to visit and about public transport.

Thank you.

Answers

• fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Everest Where in Scotland do you want to go? What do you like seeing & doing? What are your interests? The more you can tell us, the more we can help you.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • EverestEverest Member
    Hi Fishypro,

I want to visit all the important places in Scotland. I love history, nature, museums, and taste of city life equally! Hope there is a way to do that!

Thanks.
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @Everest! You're coming to the right place if those are your interests. By any chance do you know which airport you'd be flying into? As that'll be handy to know to help you build your itinerary.

I'd suggest writing a bit of a bucket list of the various castles and sights you'd like to see and then starting to build your itinerary from that. Edinburgh and Glasgow will both be great for city life/ night life and museums etc but I'd highly recommend either using public transport or a hire car to get out of the city to explore more of the countryside and see some of our castles and lochs, etc.

Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram