Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today.

Looking for Castles That Conduct Late Afternoon/Evening Tours (Summer 2020)

... if there is such a thing.

My friends and I will be staying in the Grantown area, and most of our midday->afternoon activities will be outdoors, paddling.

Is there a site that might keep any kind of searchable database to make the hunt easier?

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hey @MaryB, I think your best bet would be to have a look at the castles you want to visit and then have a look at their websites etc.  Unless @Horizons or @travelswithakilt can tell you any different?
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesSpotify, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • travelswithakilttravelswithakilt VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    Hi @MaryB - certainly worth checking out Craggan Outdoors for those kind of activities up that way. As for castle tours, many of the castles in the Cairngorms are un-staffed ruins but the stately home- style castles would run tours up to the late afternoon I'd suggest. Many of this style are owned by the National Trust for Scotland so worth checking out their site for tour times. Brodie to the north is a good shout but if you are really keen on seeing lots of castles then Aberdeenshire has a much bigger concentration - Craigievar, Crathes, Drum and Fraser may all be of interest. Have fun!
    Scotland travel blogger and writer with a wee bit of photography and video thrown in. Love nothing more than exploring my home country and have a particular leaning towards the outdoors, history and our national drink.

You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr.