Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Transport options from all Scottish airports to city centres

Long flight? Heavy bags and tired legs?

Land at Edinburgh and take the tram straight into town. Alternatively, you can take the bus. 

In Glasgow, there are plenty of cabs and buses right outside the airport. Same at Aberdeen.

Prestwick is a little bit further away from town, but you can organise your onward travel online.

If you’ve flown to Scotland, you’ll already know what’s best. What are your travel tips? 

Comments

• travelswithakilttravelswithakilt VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    I'm Glasgow based but do most of my flying out of Edinburgh - the direct bus from Edinburgh Airport to Buchannan St in Glasgow's city centre is dead handy!
    Scotland travel blogger and writer with a wee bit of photography and video thrown in. Love nothing more than exploring my home country and have a particular leaning towards the outdoors, history and our national drink.

You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr.
  • VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Edinburgh to Glasgow Airport:

I live in Edinburgh city centre and when flying out of Glasgow Airport, I find it easiest to take the bus (open return) from Edinburgh to Glasgow. Then, from the bus station in Glasgow (Buchanan Street) there are frequent shuttle buses to Glasgow Airport. There is plenty of space for luggage on the buses too :) .
  • GizasmumGizasmum Member
    If you arrive at Prestwick Airport you just walk across the road and can catch the train into Paisley (for Glasgow Airport) or Glasgow City Centre (and onward train and bus travel to the rest of Scotland)
  • VisitScotlandMarinaVisitScotlandMarina Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    The X77 bus takes you into Glasgow city centre from Prestwick Airport too. They run every half hour.
  • johnmurrayjnrjohnmurrayjnr Member ✭✭✭

@visitscotlandamy I do enjoy the tram from Edinburgh Airport to the various park and ride stops or the City Centre.

• VisitScotlandAmyVisitScotlandAmy Administrator
    @John_WelcometoFife I find it to be quite relaxing and a scenic route too! 
  • SuzieDSuzieD Member ✭✭
    The AIRLINK 100 airport bus to / from the centre of Edinburgh is still a great pick, even with the launch of the tram.  It runs from really early in the morning, and it's very frequent, speedy and cheap