Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

scotland leaving E.U

Hi I'm planning to come to Scotland in April 2019. How about Scotland leaving the E.U? Is anything going to change? And about the internet?Thanks
Sonya 

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Maltija, you'll be pleased to know there should be no impact on your travel plans to Scotland and you're welcome here as always! I'm not sure what your question is regarding the internet but you should be able to use your roaming data or connect to Wifi at your accommodation and various hot spots in public spaces. Hope this helps! Let me know if I can clarify anything else for you :) 
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • MaltijaMaltija Member
    But roaming will not be free anymore.
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    I think you'll need to check directly with your provider to see what their plans are for roaming in the UK after March :) However you should know that we have plenty of public free wifi hotspots and most cafes and pubs will have wifi available as well which might be useful for you.
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram