Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

The Enchanted Forest at Pitlochry

VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
The Enchanted Forest has switched it's lights off for the final time this year, so a good time to reflect on how incredible the event was!  This year was my first year at the Enchanted Forest but it certainly did not disappoint!  I was taken aback with how stunning the forest was all lit up and vowed to myself that I'd return next year!

As you walk in, you're greeted by a towering figure made of sticks, that could have been frightening to some but completely harmless, his name was Bernard and was around 8 feet tall.  He was the first piece of art you saw upon entering the forest, and if you ask me, it was a great starting point.

The next piece I loved was these lights on top of the water.  The reflection of the lights int he water made it look like there was twice as many, it looks a lot better in person as the picture doesn't really do it justice.  The lights danced on top of the water, beautifully, in an array of different ways.

This one was my favourite.  It was a fountain in the middle of the pond with light being projected onto the water.  It created a really stunning visual that portrayed the forms of various different typed of wildlife.  It was a really clever piece and i was literally left jaw-dropped, it was absolutely amazing!

This is the last piece I captured.  To the naked eye, they just looked like 3 different animal silhouettes, but when taking a picture with flash, the full picture was revealed.  It was like magic!

The Enchanted Forest is a place I'll definitely return to as it totally blew me away.  Have you been to the Enchanted Forest before?  Did you go this year?  What about next year, are you planning to go?
Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Bernard seems like a swell chap!  :D 

I'll have to make sure I go next year!
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram