Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Perthshire in Autumn

Been a while since I've been on this community but I have been enjoying the golden/red/orange/yellow/amber/kinda green leaves and making sure I got some content "for the gram" B)

My favourite place in autumn has to be Perthshire aka Big Tree Country 

We stayed in the wonderful village of Kenmore (Kenmore Club to be exact), a charming wee spotat the east of Loch Tay and a fab place as a base to visit loads of hot spots in Scotland actually. The village boasts the oldest Inn in Scotland dating back to 1502! As well as Rabbie Burns, Cromwell and Queen Victoria, I am also now amongst those who have enjoyed hospitality there  :smiley:

Across the road there is a STUNNING church to rival any other autumnal spot:

Get up early and you'll be rewarded with some golden glow* 

*golden glow not guaranteed.....

And rainbows! 

That cool wee building on the left in the above pic is The Crannog Centre. This centre tells you all about these man-made islands and once contained spectacular Iron Age dwellings. Worth a visit! 

About a 45 minute drive east from Kenmore is a very popular spot, The Hermitage. This can get busy as the colours get more insane but it's definitely worth it! Mid-week, you might not be too bad avoiding the school October break. This is what i did :)  

Dewars Aberfeldy Distillery is also worth a visit and sits in between the two locations mentioned above. Or Dunkeld whch is on the other side of the A9 from the Hermitage. A wee town full of wonderful shops an eateries. Look out for Aran Bakery, a lovely place owned by Great British Bake Off Star Flora Shedden! 

Above is tip of the iceberg but a great wee itinerary to experience a lot of what Perthshire has to offer. Would love to hear your fave spots in Scotland during this bonnie wee season :smile: