Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Getting to know the locals

Hi there,

Last Easter we went on a holiday to Scotland.  It was ages ago we travelled, but I've always wanted to visit Scotland, so we did. Now we're back home, I really miss this fabulous country and its people. Therefor I'd like to stay in touch with some nice Scottish people with a simular life as ours. (37 years, maried, two childeren, middleclass) so we can chat.  Is there anyone here who can give me some advice on where I can find nice chatboxes to get to know Scottisch people (no dating sites, please...) ? 

Thanks a lot,
Ann

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @Redtail you've come to the right place! We have plenty of lovely local Scots here who love chatting about the country. Obviously this isn't a live chat function but any time you add a discussion to the forum there will be plenty of people who will respond and engage with you. 

Tell us more about your trip - what did you see and do and which parts of the country did you enjoy the most? 
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    @Redtail As Amanda mentioned, creating a discussion on a specific facet of life in Scotland is a great way to know a few specifics. Facebook groups are also a good way to connect with more locals (and see a good number of pictures as part of the process). The official VisitScotland FB group is already 6K strong and growing. Hit me up on Facebook if you want to know about more groups I am personally on.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside)