Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

new on the site, but not in scotland

Hi all,
I am a french guy who came to Scotland for the first time 28 years ago but I have returned many times since then (twice this year). I think I'm pretty much infatuated with the place. :D I have been pretty much everywhere, even though I still have some places to discover (believe it or not, I never set a foot in Stirling, no idea why) but I know pretty well everything between the mull of Kintyre and Durness, including Mull, Islay and Skye, but also the Lowlands, Grampians Area and... well, everywhere (almost). And since I have some friends there, I'm beginning to know the Inverness area very well.
I can even speak a little Gaelic.
I'm also a photographer and I took a gazillion pictures of Scotland, some of which can be seen on my facebook page (if anyone's interested, look for "Florent Die landscape photography" or on my personal profile, where there's much more)
I was planning to try to find a job in Scotland but then Brexit happened and that makes things much more complicated, unfortunately. But the project is still there, so who knows...

Comments

• VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hello @McDaigh! Sounds like you've seen more of Scotland than I have, and i live here! I'm very jealous.

Do you have a favourite spot or site from your travels so far?
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram
  • McDaighMcDaigh Member
    That what everyone there keep telling me :D 
    As for my favourite places, well, there are so many. Recently, I really enjoyed Strath Dionard and the road from Kinbrace to Melvich, especially the part running along the railroad tracks.
    Glen Hope is pretty fantastic too (I really like the Broch Dun Dornaigil).
    I've always loved Loch Assynt and Ardvreck castle, great scenery there. I went there for the first time 28 years ago and I think I've stopped there on every single visit.
    I really liked Islay, even though it's not the most impressive of the Islands but Portnahaven is the cutest little port I've ever seen and spendind a night on the eastern shore of loch Gruinart is a must for those who enjoy wild camping (sheeps everywhere and quite a few seals can be spotted).
    The road to the Mull Of Kintyre lighthouse is very nice too and when the weather permits, you have a great view on Northern Ireland.
    I love the loch Carron Area and especially Strome castle. the castle is just two bits of wall, but the location is outstanding.
    Last month I drove on the B8043 from Inversanda to Kilmalieu and Loch a'Choire. Fantastic drive but not with a caravan or camping car, the road being too narrow.
    Grey Mare's Tail, in the Lowlands is also one of my favourite spot and I definitely recommend walking (climbing) all the way to Loch Skeen.
    Dunure port and Castle, in Dumfries And Galloway is a very nice place to see, as well.
    The road to Glenelg is fantastic as well, if only for the view it gives you over Loch Duich and the five sisters of Kintail. And once in Glenelg (very nice view on the south coast of Skye) you can go visit two amazing Broch, Dun Troddan and Dun Telve.
    Well, I could go on like this forever... :D It's best to look at the map where I outlined all the roads I've been on but I can't post pictures yet :D

• VisitScotlandJulieVisitScotlandJulie Member, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Wow @McDaigh

You really have been everywhere!  I have a feeling that you're going to love Stirling too!  ;)
  • McDaighMcDaigh Member
    Sorry for the multiple post, I didn't see the line saying that it needed to be approved...