Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Scottish Vintage Bus Museum.

ToomaTooma Member ✭✭
edited September 5 in Events and festivals
I only recently heard about the SVBM, and I have been around for a few years now, via some pics posted to the Ephotozine photographic website which I subscribe to. It is situated just north of Dunfermline, at Lathalmond - come off the M90 at J4 and head west, roughly.  http://svbm.online/ My site name is, Tooma.

I am not particularly into busses, but I do like vintage cars, and thought some old busses may give me some good photo-ops. As it turned out, my wife and I enjoyed the visit, despite the rain. We found it interesting too, as there was access to the huge sheds where the enthusiasts who run the museum rebuild those lovely old machines. There is also a shed with lots of stalls selling a huge range of model cars and busses, plus lots of other vintage transport peripherals. There are also three areas for a cuppa tea or coffee - nothing fancy, but the basics, clean, and all three selling at fair prices. Plenty of toilets spread around what is a fairly large area.

Right at the back of the SVBM's site is an area where some vintage railway enthusiasts, independent from the bus museum, have been getting busy with their project, and that is worth a visit too. The SVBM also runs special events throughout the year, so worth checking their website to see what is coming up. A few pics to give you an idea of what to expect. It is also possible to book rides on some of the busses during their open days.                                          The last pic was taken by my wife, Mo.

Comments