Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

FULLERTONS FROM BUTE?

The family rumour was that our ancestors - Fullertons - came from Bute and ended up in east London. But I've gone back as far as I can and can't find where/when they left Scotland for England. As I'm heading to Glasgow and Bute in a few weeks does anyone know how I can climb over my brick wall? Any genealogists who could help me? Tia

Comments

• ArtravelistArtravelist Member ✭✭
    Hi @Ally28

How far back did you get? Have you tried Scotland's People website? You can also use the family tree builder with a free registration on Ancestry.co.uk and you will get 'hints' sent to you to help you further. I have found that combining both these websites has got me further quicker.

Also sometimes family rumours get distorted as they pass down the generation and you might well have the Scottish connection on a side of your family tree that you didn't expect. Who knows?

Best of luck with your search  :)

be an artravelist with me at artravelist.com