Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Ayrshire & Arran — Take a Different Path

VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
edited July 27 in Scotland's Islands
There's an abundance of of beauty in Ayrshire and Arran, it was the only part of the UK The King Elvis Presley stepped foot on whilst going back to the USA from Germany where he was on military service!  He told fans that waited for him that he had plans for a tour in which Scotland was involved, but sadly he never got the chance to come back.

Why not explore Ayrshire and Arran for yourself as part of a holiday to Scotland or a staycation?  I know it's on my list.

There's plenty of cool places that you can visit, one being the stunning Culzean Castle, opened in 1792 and home to many important people.  It has also been paraded on the big screen as part of the 1973 hit, The Wicker Man.

Why not step back into history and explore the Machrie Moor Standing Stones on the Isle of Arran.  A magical place, steeped in history, stand among these stones that have been there for thousands of years.

Why not have a look at our eBook about discovering Ayrshire and Arran here!
Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.

Comments

• FullStopNextChapterFullStopNextChapter VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
    A part of Scotland that I am still yet to explore properly but it looks so pretty. 

I have visited on day trips with the Coo-Vans and last year went to the Scottish Open at Dundonald Links. Great day out. 
    Join in my new chapter over on the blog. Discovering all things that make Scotland the place everyone wants to visit. 

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube