Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

German Tour in a whisky distillery

Hi there, I hope you can help me. We want to visit a distillery in Scotland. But since my partner does not speak english very good I am looking for one with a tour in german language. I know Glenfiddich has a german tour. Any other place, too? Thanks for your help and regards from Germany

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hi @queeny1770, I know that the Scotch Whisky Experience on Edinburgh's Royal Mile does German audio tours.  Maybe @Horizons can help with some others, he's a whisky distillery buff!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesSpotify, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • fishyprofishypro Member ✭✭✭
    There are many distilleries that have german speaking tour guides. Our favourite is Edradour in Pitlochry.
    The owner has married a lady from Hamburg and now his german is excellent. They also employ german speaking staff.
    Best regards
    fishypro
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    German language support would mostly be from audio headsets (Glenlivet offers one too) but it should be ok to show up nevertheless in my opinion. I've generally found the staff helpful and many of the groups I've been on do have German participants who you could pair up with.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside fest)

• KrisKris Member
    Hi @queeny1770. First ask youself what kind of whisky you like. For example friuty or smoky. Depending on your taste preferences and your favorite brands you can choose the region of Scotlan, in which you will taste :) For example the homeland of smoky whiskies is Isle of Islay with Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Bowmore, Coal Ila and many more.
  • RuudRuud Member
    Torabhaig, the new distillery on Skye, has two German speaking tour guides. If you ring up (01471 833 447) you can ask when Hans or Ruud are on duty.