Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Possibilities to go at Glencoe with public transport

Hello,

I will be at Fort William next week, and Glencoe is something I really don't want to miss ; After to read many blogs on Internet, I find 2 hikings : The Lost Valley and The Pap of Glencoe. And I think to choose in a first time the Lost Valley, she's shorter than the second, and as I need to come back at Fort William at the end of the day, It's easier

I will not have got a car and I will use bus : So, on Scotish City Link, I find 3 stops : Glencoe Crossroads, Glencoe Ski Centre Road End & Glencoe Visitor Centre. Do you know what is the best stop to choose if I want to join the Lost Valley, and come back at Fort William ?

If you have other possibilities to suggest to go there, I'll listen it with great interest, because It's the only one I find fort the moment.

Thank you !

Comments

• ArtravelistArtravelist Member ✭✭
    Hello @Math

According to Walk Highlands website, the Lost Valley walk starts at the car park in Glencoe: https://goo.gl/maps/gvY8mRWAZWN2.  This is between Glencoe Visitor Centre and Chairlift Road end bus stops.

The nearest bus stop seems to be the Glencoe Visitor Centre bus stop. From the start of the walk, this bus stop is 4 miles to walk and the Chairlift Road End bus stop is 7 miles. 

Have a look at the WalkHighlands website to see what other walks are possible in Glencoe:

Also the Glencoe Visitor Centre will have good advice for walks  - contact them at  [email protected]

be an artravelist with me at artravelist.com
  • MathMath Member ✭✭
    edited July 3
    Hello @Artravelist

It's perfect ! Thank you for all your informations ;) I'm looking it
  • HorizonsHorizons Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Math, the Glencoe and Dalness visitor center is a fair distance away from the car park for the hikes (the bus routes remain the same though) and there isn't really a sidewalk to walk down. I would highly recommend just telling the driver that you want off at the 3 sisters viewpoint car park. There are many day hikers who get off there anyway and "bus stops" are generally much looser in the remote areas of Scotland.

Make sure you print off a timetable for the day of travel and be at the bus stop 10 minutes before your schedule onward journey to Fort William but dont panic if the bus is up to an hour late (which has happened to me). Carry a wee dram (unless you don't drink at all) and a wind + waterproof hoodie and you're good to go.
    I'm Anirudh, an Indian travel blogger who has explored a lot of Scotland by public transport. My blog. Find me on Facebook | Instagram

Best of Scotland in 1 week itinerary (fully by public transport)

My Scotland travels (includes EdinburghSkye, HarrisMullArranOrkneyLoch Lomond, Islay, Oban, Speyside)