Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Puffin Photography

Hello,
My husband and I are planning to go to Scotland, mainly for birds photography. It would be around 23rd July for couple of days.
I've personally never been to Scotland therefore would appreciate some advices as to which places we shall look at.
As we will fly either to Glasgow or Edinburgh, which Isle(s) would be the best for the birds photography?
We are going to stay couple of nights in the city nearby the Isle(s), what would you recommend?
I think that is for now, once again, highly appreciate your advices.
N. Beetz

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    her @nbeetz I'm sure @AlistairHorne will be able to help you with this!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • AlistairHorneAlistairHorne Member, VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
    Hi @nbeetz.

In terms of bird photography, you have plenty of island options in Scotland to choose from. Having just returned from the Isle of Staffa, it's a great place to see puffins. Other islands you could possibly go to would be Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Mull and Islay. Have a Google and see if any are within distance on your adventure as they all have plenty of different wildlife on offer. 

Enjoy your trip!