Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Glamping on Arran

ellisoconnorellisoconnor VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭
edited June 9 in Unusual Sleeps
Set in amongst the beautiful landscape of the Isle of Arran lies the wonderful luxurious Runach Arainn Yurts. I set out to discover Arran and enjoy a peaceful retreat in a quiet secluded corner on the Island with inspiring views out to the West.

I arrived in the evening just as it was getting dark, the cosy embrace of the Yurt was perfect and it didn’t take me long to get the fire going, cosy in for the night with a book listening to the noise of the wind around me. The Yurt itself has everything you could possibly need, each yurt comes fully equipped with lots of practical furniture, the comfiest bed I’ve possibly ever slept in, towels, cooking utensils and crockery. Two of the Yurts are able to accommodate up to six people and the third can accommodate up to four. I spent my time there on my own but these little havens are ideally suited for a romantic weekend away or for a family holiday set in a perfect spot for exploring the exciting wonders that the Island has to offer.

The accommodation also provides log burners that even in the cold month of February in Scotland heated the Yurt to a very comfortable temperature, solar lighting for the long dark evenings and even plenty of books to keep me occupied. On the property are high standard composting toilets, eco-friendly products and all set in a wooded area of the Island. The place itself is very environmentally friendly and it’s wonderful being able to have a break in such a well thought out place working with nature and not taking from it.

I didn’t have a set plan for the weekend, I decided that I would take it slow and enjoy my time In the Yurt and go to different parts of the Island when I felt like it. The Yurt beckons you to simply relax and be mindful of the surroundings around you, we tend not to give ourselves much time to read, think or simply do nothing but enjoy the moment in where you are so it was refreshing having no obligations, nothing I really had to do but enjoy the Yurt and the surrounding location. I had a long walk on the lovely beach only 10 minutes from the accommodation which sat on the southern shore of the Island. All around me was an abundant array of wildlife and flora and fauna all sat with views out towards the northern shores of Ireland (on a clear day!)

I spent the rest of my time taking it slow and driving around the Island with walks out to the incredible Machrie Moor Standing Stones, Lochranza in the North of the Island, Glenashdale Falls and even a brisk walk up part of the way towards Goatfell, (I sadly didn’t get to the top as the snow was pretty high and I didn’t have all the right gear with me!)

It is the perfect location to get out and about or simply unwind, slow down, connect to nature and sit by the fire. There is no other properties nearby so it sits within a shelter of the trees with inspiring views as far as the eye can see. I would highly recommend the Yurt and I’ll let the photos speak for themselves at how much dedication and work has gone into each one of them. Every feature of the yurt has been carefully thought out down to the very last detail. To book a stay at this unique property and stay in one of the most original properties on the Isle of Arran head over to their website here: Runacharainn.

I’m certainly looking forward to going back!