Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

Scotland proposal

My girlfriend is visiting from the US and has always talked about spending some time in Scotland. 

I am looking to turn that beautiful girl into my fiance on this trip and would love some ideas on where I should propose in Scotland, ideally somewhere scenic and quiet. 

I would also like to capture the perfect moment on film so if anyone knows of any good photographers then please let me know.

We plan to drive up from London in July and spend the first day in Edinburgh doing touristy stuff. The plan is to stay in Scotland for 7/8 nights and I would appreciate any help planning this special trip. 

I was thinking of incorporating Edinburgh, loch Lomond, Glencoe and one of the isles (3 nights maybe). 

All suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance to the helpful people of this forum 

Many thanks
Jaspal 

Comments

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Hey @Jaspal first of all a big congratulations on asking the big question!  You've certainly picked the right country. 

In Edinburgh, I'd recommend going up Arthur's Seat or Calton Hill to do it with a lovely view of the city in the backdrop.  Edinburgh is a beautiful city, but I'm sure that there will be plenty of folk on here that can recommend you somewhere just as beautiful!

Why not have a look at this thread called 'Top Proposal Spots' and maybe you can find some inspiration fromt ehre?

https://community.visitscotland.com/discussion/639/top-proposal-spots

Congrats again and fingers crossed she says yes!
    Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesSpotify, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.