Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community. The personal details and information provided by you will be used by VisitScotland to create your iKnow community account. Any content you provide, such as a profile photo, username, comments and discussions will be publicly available.

By ticking the box and clicking submit you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms of our privacy policy.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

What to do in a day?

LochgmarcpLochgmarcp VisitScotland Ambassador ✭✭✭
As summer is approaching, my time to get drives or trips is in limited supply, work just seems to take over.. but the wanderlust never disappears! Most places in Scotland can offer plenty to see and do on a day trip, but what would you recommend if you only had a day to spare? 

Luckily I founded myself with a day off so took a day trip from Easdale in Argyll, with Seafari Adventures, to the beautiful islands of Iona and Staffa! With only a day to spare this trip was perfect for me as it was close to home and they offered a great experience all within a day trip! Plus the weather was amazing, blue skies and warm which all added to the experience! 

Iona Abbey

Harbour view on Iona 

A walk to one of the beaches on Iona

The quick trip to Staffa was great fun, with views to the mainland and Mull as we went, and plenty of wildlife on the way.. 

Staffa

Puffin flying past

Fingals Cave, Staffa 

Bottlenose Dolphin surfing our wake.. definitely a highlight!

I would absolutely recommend this trip if you only had a spare day off.. but let me know what you would want to do? 

Trip was with : Seafari Adventures Oban www.seafari.co.uk 
Instagram.com/Lochgmarcp @lochgmarcp