Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please take a moment to read the Community guidelines and learn how to use the Community.

Love Scotland and want to share your stories – why not have a look at all the recent discussions and make a contribution or start a new discussion? Visiting Scotland and looking for some advice – why not ask a question or start a discussion or simply explore all the great content?

Join the conversation today and share your #scotspirit.

How would you make the most of 10 days in the Shetland Isles towards the end of January?

We are looking to leave behind the beautiful blue sunny skies of New Zealand to travel to Scotland in late December for about six weeks. We intend to finish our travels with 10 days in the Shetlands taking in the Up Hellya festival in Lerwick. Apart from that we have a blank canvas. Any travel painters out there?  

Answers

• VisitScotlandLiamVisitScotlandLiam Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    Why don't you have a look at what travel bloggers Vagabrothers did in Shetland?  Here's a couple of videos!  Just click on them to follow the link.....enjoy!

Lead vocalist & rhythm guitarist for The Bright SkiesTwitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, YouTube.
  • VisitScotlandAmandaVisitScotlandAmanda Member, Administrator, Moderator, VisitScotland Staff
    @2_winter_travellers hi fellow kiwi's! Hope you guys have a great time over here. I loved it so much I decided to stay :smiley: One tip for you - start calling your bottoms trousers now, or you'll end up calling them pants and people will wonder why on earth you're discussing your knickers with them. I received a lot of funny looks when I first moved here haha. 
    Kiwi gal, relocated to Scotland. 
    Instagram